Fulton Street Farmers Market Redevelopment Plan
Grand Rapids, Michigan – 2013 AIA Grand Rapids Building Honor Award
As part of the continuing efforts in the redevelopment of the farmers market, the consult team created illustrative plans to aid the non-profit in their fund-raising activities. The plans were based on previous visioning along with ongoing steering committee engagement during an extensive urban design process. This community development project also created complete construction documents, including architectural and civil engineering plans.
- Consulted with Lott3Metz Architecture to provide urban design, planning, survey and civil engineering services as par of the overall project delivery.
- Facilitated dialogue and stakeholder input during the process in order to build neighborhood consensus and broader community support for the project.
- Designed a plan that met the future needs of an expanded market, including a head house and permanent covered vending stalls to allow year-round market activity.
- Updated the site infrastructure to allow for better accessibility and improved traffic and pedestrian flow.
- Incorporated sustainable site features including permeable pavement and rain gardens to alleviate existing stormwater management issues on the urban site.