Fulton Street Farmers Market Master Plan
Grand Rapids, Michigan
A community supported master plan for a historic urban farmers market completed as part of the Brikyaat Area Specific Plan. The plans to expand and redevelop the market were created using best practices in urban design and charrettes. The planning initiative led to future economic and community development for the neighborhood.
- Collaborated with Lott3Metz Architecture to craft a forward-looking vision and plan for the farmers market as part of the Brikyaat Area Specific Plan.
- Facilitated dialogue and stakeholder input that included public meetings and design workshops with neighbors, vendors and customers of the market to inform the plan and build neighborhood consensus.
- Designed a plan that met the needs of the neighborhood and the vendors while maintaining the historic context of the existing market and accentuating the urban fabric of the existing retail street.
- Collaborated with Michigan State University and Project for Public Spaces (PPS) during the process to strategically place the neighborhood and farmers market in a position to promote economic investment.
- Awarded the 2007 Honor Award in Regional and Urban Planning from the Grand Valley Chapter of the American Institute of Architects and the 2007 Blueprint Award from the Grand Valley Metropolitan Council for excellence in neighborhood revitalization and community development.