Fisher’s Station Transit Oriented Development
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Urban Design professionals used an extensive charrette and visioning process to produce a master plan that envisions a mixed-use transit oriented development in the first-ring suburbs of Grand Rapids.
- Participated in an intensive 5-day design charrette with a diverse team of consultants and the Grand Valley Metropolitan Council to develop a master plan for the redevelopment of a multi-jurisdictional area along a proposed bus rapid transit corridor.
- Provided urban design solutions to reinvent and retrofit a conventional suburban retail corridor into a mixed-use transit oriented development.
- Conducted precedent research of the surrounding region to provide contextual urban and architectural patterns for the project.
- Collaborated with other members of the design team during the charrette feedback loops to refine and critique the design concepts.
- Assisted in the production of the final illustrative design plans during the charrette process.
Created the illustrations (using precedent research) that convey the zoning intent for the future form-based code that is recommended as part of the master plan.