Bank Street Farmers Market Plan
A master plan for Kalamazoo’s historic neighborhood farmers market that was based on community visioning, market analysis and urban design. As part of an economic and community development initiative, the project included outreach to a diverse set of stakeholders and market vendors and recommended an expanded market, improved circulation, strengthened neighborhood connections and phased implementation strategies.
- Collaborated with Williams & Works and Lott3Metz Architecture to create an updated plan for the farmers market that was data driven and community supported.
- Facilitated stakeholder input that included public meetings with neighbors, vendors and customers of the market to inform the plan and build neighborhood consensus.
- Established a booth at the market, during one of its busiest market days, to gather input from vendors and customers while using a services of participatory exercises to engage stakeholders.
- Utilized needs assessments, market analysis, precedent research and stakeholder input to determine optimal site location and layout for the plan of the new farmers market.
- Designed a plan that met the needs of the neighborhood and the vendors while establishing a more robust urban presence for the market.